Just thought I’d pop in with a super quick update:
- Closing on the farmhouse is set for on or before September 14.
- Closing on our current house is set for September 30.
- We still don’t know where we are going to live while we fix up the farmhouse. We are open to suggestions.
- We will hopefully have final remodel plans in the coming weeks, which I will (hopefully) post in the blog.
- Clarification on the photos in earlier posts: those were taken prior to the massive clean-up the current owner did to the place. So just about everything in those photos, from furniture to boxes to clothes, will be out of the house when we take possession of it. She is awesome.
- Once we close, we will have a substantial amount of land cleanup to do before we can start on the actual remodel process. Think: clearing away grass/trees/shrubs/who knows what else to provide clear access to the house. Once the builder is able to start on his part, he is estimating 6-8 months for completion.
- I’m thinking our new place is going to need a name. Don’t all awesome places have a name? I mean, the obvious choice is Tara, but Aaron isn’t quite as big of a Gone With the Wind fan as I am. So — what do you think? Leave any suggestions in the comments!
- I still haven’t given up hope that Chip & Joanna Gaines are going to show up and do a huge Fixer Upper-style reno on the thing. Just saying.
I think that’s a good update for the time being. Stay tuned for more. In roughly a month, I should be able to start posting regular ACTUAL progress posts. Yippee!